Heffron Centre plans unveiled for grassroots and elite sport /
01 Sep 2020
Randwick City Council recently unveiled concept designs for the Heffron Centre, a new state-of-the-art community sporting facility and home for the South Sydney Rabbitohs, located in Maroubra’s Heffron Park.
The proposed Heffron Centre is a purpose-built, integrated community and high-performance sporting precinct designed to support various grassroots and elite sporting disciplines, including gymnastics, netball, basketball, volleyball, badminton and indoor futsal/soccer.
The new development will also vastly improve amenity within Heffron Park and provide wider community benefits to Sydney’s eastern suburbs.
Planned facilities include:
- Community and High-Performance Centre housing the Rabbitohs’ training and administration areas, plus its community-focussed arm, Souths Cares;
- NRL showcase training field;
- Two multi-purpose indoor sports centres;
- Indoor gymnastics centre;
- Café and Rabbitohs’ merchandise store; and
- Community classroom, lecture theatre and meeting areas.
NS Group has been appointed by Randwick City Council, working in partnership with the South Sydney Rabbitohs and the Office of Sport NSW, as Project Manager to lead the planning, design and delivery of the Heffron Centre.
NS Group is also providing advisory services to support the procurement of an operator/long-term lessee of the community sporting facilities on Council’s behalf.
We will continue to work closely with all project partners and look forward seeing this exciting sport and recreation development come to life.
More information is available on the Randwick City Council website.