Integrated Marine Operations Centre a towering success /
23 Aug 2019
[Image courtesy of AIPM]
A joint submission by NS Group and Pilbara Ports Authority, it was an honour for both teams to be recognised for our collaborative efforts and jointly receive the winner certificate and plaque on stage at the awards ceremony in Perth on 22 August 2019.
NS Group provided project management, clerk of works and superintendent’s representative services for the delivery of the IMOC tower and integrated fitout of the vessel traffic services [VTS] system on behalf of the Pilbara Ports Authority.
NS Group project team:
- Jayden Smith [Project Manager]
- David Henry [Project Director]
- Thern Robert [Senior Project Manager]
As the project lead and based onsite in Port Hedland during the IMOC construction, Jayden said, “Our involvement on this important project was highly satisfying and fills us with great pride.
“Both the NS Group and Pilbara Ports Authority project management teams worked collaboratively, facing and overcoming challenges together.
“We wish Pilbara Ports Authority every success in the ongoing operation of the IMOC long into the future.”
The annual PMAAs are delivered by the Australian Institute of Project Management [AIPM] to recognise, honour and promote outstanding achievements in program and project leadership.
“Both the NS Group and Pilbara Ports Authority project management teams worked collaboratively, facing and overcoming challenges together.”
ABOUT THE IMOC PROJECT
Located in the Port of Port Hedland, the IMOC facilitates the safe and efficient movements of vessels for the largest bulk export port in the world. The state-of-the-art facility includes leading-edge radar technology with enhanced office and accommodation facilities.
The IMOC has also won a number of other awards:
- Australian Institute of Building 2019 National Professional Excellence in Building Awards – Commercial Construction [$25 Million to $50 Million]
- Australian Institute of Building 2019 WA Professional Excellence in Building Awards – Commercial Construction [$25 Million to $50 Million]
- Master Builders-Bankwest 2019 Kimberley-Pilbara Building Excellence Awards – Bankwest Best Regional Project
- Master Builders-Bankwest 2019 Kimberley-Pilbara Building Excellence Awards – Best Office Building
“Our involvement on this important project was highly satisfying and fills us with great pride.”
Pictured L-R: Stephen Tyter [Pilbara Ports Authority] and David Henry [NS Group]