Project details /
- Date: 2010 onwards
- Client: Department of Corrective Services, Department of Treasury and Finance
- Sector: Infrastructure
- Location: Wooroloo, Western Australia
- Value: $126 million
Originally built in 2001, Acacia Prison is Western Australia’s only privately-managed prison.
The Acacia Prison Expansion project delivered an additional 387 beds to the prison, as part of the Government’s $655 million scheme to deliver an additional 2,500 beds to WA by 2015.
Aside from the construction of eight new prisoner accommodation buildings, the project scope includes:
- Wastewater treatment plant replacement
- New vocational, education, at-risk training , external store and recreational facilities
- Upgrade of existing infrastructure including the kitchen, medical facilities, gatehouse, staff training facility and heavy industries
- Additional parking facilities
- New 74 kL gas farm
Our Role /
NS Group was appointed by the Department of Treasury - Strategic Projects as external Project Manager and Contract Administrator for the Acacia Prison project.
As an integral part of the Acacia Prison Expansion Project team, NS Group has been developing the business case, project development plan, request for proposal and request for tender - as well as managing respondent negotiations, design and construct contract execution and construction.