Project details /
- Date: 2019 – 2022
- Client: Randwick City Council
- Sector: Sport & Recreation
- Location: Heffron Park – Maroubra, NSW
- Value: $57.7 milion
A state-of-the-art, integrated community sporting facility, the Heffron Centre is the culmination of a long-term vision between Randwick City Council and the South Sydney Rabbitohs.
The development is set to become the Rabbitohs’ new home and will support various grassroots and elite sports, whilst vastly improving public amenity within Heffron Park and providing wider community benefits.
Planned facilities include:
- Community and High-Performance Centre housing the Rabbitohs’ training and administration areas, plus its community-focussed arm, Souths Cares;
- NRL showcase training field;
- Two multi-purpose indoor sports centre;
- Indoor gymnastics centre;
- Café and Rabbitohs’ merchandise store; and
- Community classroom, lecture theatre and meeting areas.
Our Role /
NS Group has been appointed by Randwick City Council, working in partnership with the South Sydney Rabbitohs and the Office of Sport NSW, as Project Manager to lead the planning, design and delivery of the Heffron Centre.
NS Group is also providing advisory services to support the procurement of an operator/long-term lessee of the community sporting facilities on Council’s behalf.
The project is being delivered under a public-private partnership co-funded by both parties, along with funding from Federal Government and the State Government [through the Office of Sport].