Karratha Health Campus
Project details /
- Date: 2014 – 2018
- Client: WA Department of Treasury – Strategic Projects and Asset Sales
- Sector: Health
- Location: Karratha, WA
- Value: $207 million
The redevelopment of the Karratha Health Campus [KHC] is part of WA Country Health Service’s [WACHS] overall strategy to provide the West Pilbara region with a more effective service for both emergency and ambulatory health care, through the development of a new hospital and health facility in Karratha.
The project delivered a modern, purpose-built facility that was designed to facilitate patient-centered care which is underpinned by contemporary models of care. The KHC now operates as an integrated district health service for the Pilbara and continues to support smaller hospitals and nursing posts.
Our key outcomes for the project included improved patient management and access to clinical information resulting from integration of medical records; a flexible inpatient service; an enhanced specialist service for remote patients; an integrated surgical service, including inpatient and day surgery functions; and a focus on enhancing emergency care services.
Our Role /
NS Group was the Technical Advisor to the WA Department of Treasury's Strategic Projects and Asset Sales who were responsible for the delivery of the KHC project on behalf of WACHS.
NS Group’s role included:
- Review of the RFP document and providing feedback
- Technical review of the RFP responses
- Attendance at design presentations and review of design documents
- Monitor the Managing Contractor for provision of all contract deliverables
- Oversight of construction works